- Hoi An food walking tour of Old Town
- Venture to hidden food spots off the tourist trail with an experienced local guide
- Explore Hoi An’s unique food culture through dishes like banh mi (baguette sandwiches) and white rose dumplings
- Enjoy the night view of the Japanese covered bridge while enjoying Vietnamese coffee or beer at a riverfront café
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Front entrance of Hoian Post Office, 6 Tran Hung Dao street, Hoian.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your tour begins as you walk through local cafes, food vendors, markets, restaurants, etc. By the end of your tour, you are sure to be satisfied.
Firstly, you will visit a local bakery famous for their bahn mi, a Vietnamese sandwich. They have been using the freshest ingredients to make these scrumptious sandwiches for decades and it is no wonder that they are famous!
Moving on from one local delicacy to another, you will join locals at a quaint local spot to try the tasty BBQ pork rolled in rice paper. This is served with a typical soy dipping sauce. This is known to most locals as the highlight of the food scene in Hoi An.
Then you will continue onward to the central market where you will visit some local food stalls with produce, noodles, sweets, fruit and fresh seafood! You and your guide will stroll through as you are given the full rundown of the market and informing you about the significance of each food item in the Vietnamese cuisine and culture.
Then, you'll follow your guide to one of their favorite restaurants in Hoi An for some specialties: deep fried wonton and white rose dumplings.
After some dumplings,you are in for another round of delicacies as you will arrive at a street vendor famous for chicken rice. But be sure to save some space for dessert and a local beer.
Afterward, you will end the tour at a local cafe in an iconic location. Have some Vietnamese coffee or tea and take in the scenery while reflecting on everything you ate during the tour!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Unfortunately, this tour cannot accommodate vegetarians and vegans. If you would like a customised vegetarian/vegan tour, please contact us at email@example.com to see if we can create a private experience for you. Please notify us in advance of any other food allergies. You can do so in the ‘Additional request’ box at checkout, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Hoi An Ancient Town Ticket 120.000VND or 6USD/person. (The Hoi An Centre for Cultural Heritage Management and Preservation requires visitors to purchase an entrance ticket for Hoi An’s Old Quarter. You will need to have this entrance ticket before joining the tour, and we request that you bring it with you on your Hoi An Food Adventure Tour in case local authorities check.)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Please note that this tour visits independent, family-owned businesses whose operating schedules and menus may change. Therefore, street food venues and local dishes often vary; your local guide will make any final adjustments on the spot.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Indochina
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms