8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Enjoy the exclusive attention of your guide on this private tour of north west Sutherland. Soak up the majestic scenery, from tiny fishing villages, to craggy mountains and glittering lochs (lakes) as you make your way to the wild and windy Cape Wrath, the most northwesterly part of Britain. Listen as your guide explains the tragic history of the region's crofters (farmers) and how recent collective action aims to make amends.
- Private tour: Enjoy the full attention of your guide
- Get insight into the history and culture of the region from your guide
- See majestic scenery, from tiny villages to grand castles
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from your hotel or port
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Transport by private vehicle
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen Airport by arrangement. Contact us the evening before and we will give you your driver/guides phone number.
- Inverness Airport, Inverness Scotland
- Cromarty Firth Port Authority, Invergordon, UK, Port Office, Shore Rd, Invergordon IV18 0HD, UK
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Driver will pick up from your location and drop off at your required final destination.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Hame Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Sutherland?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Sutherland?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Sutherland?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Sutherland?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
3 hours 25 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingInvernessShore Excursions - The Scottish HighlandsBus Tours - The Scottish HighlandsPorts of Call Tours - The Scottish HighlandsHistorical Tours - The Scottish HighlandsFull-day Tours - The Scottish HighlandsShore Excursions - StirlingBus Tours - StirlingPorts of Call Tours - StirlingHistorical Tours - StirlingFull-day Tours - StirlingShore Excursions - St. AndrewsBus Tours - St. AndrewsPorts of Call Tours - St. AndrewsHistorical Tours - St. AndrewsFull-day Tours - St. AndrewsCategory
Caledonian CanalCorrieshalloch GorgeLoch Ness Centre and ExhibitionRiver Ness (Abhainn Nis)Tomnahurich (Fairy Hill)Inverness CastleFort GeorgeFort AugustusEden Court Theatre and CinemaNessieland Rogie FallsInverness Botanic Gardens (Floral Hall)Hugh Miller’s Birthplace Cottage & MuseumInverewe (Inverewe Garden & Estate)Cawdor Castle and GardensChanonry PointOld High Church (Old High St. Stephen’s)Whin ParkMerkinch Local Nature Reserve