10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Leave Jerusalem on a full-day private trip to Masada and the Dead Sea, and discover Israel’s remarkable history and landscapes. Drive deep into the Judean Desert, explore Masada’s fortifications and palaces alongside your personal guide, and learn about a dramatic, 1st-century battle between Roman troops and Jewish Sicarii rebels. Descend to the shores of the Dead Sea to walk along salt-encrusted beaches, bathe in mineral-rich mud and float in one of the world’s saltiest bodies of water.
- Private day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea from Jerusalem
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the Judean Desert past Jericho and the Inn of the Good Samaritan
- Ride the cable car up UNESCO-listed Masada, the mountaintop fortress-palace built by King Herod
- Inspect the ruins and hear about the Jewish zealots who committed mass suicide to escape the Romans
- Visit the Dead Sea and take a therapeutic mud bath in the mineral-rich mud
- Swim in the salt-rich waters to experience the unusual floating sensation
- Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide on this private tour
Saved to wishlist!
Pickup and drop-off around the city
Professional private guide
Food and drinks
Toll and parking fees
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This itinerary is only a proposal; we can customize this private tour according to your wishes
- We recommend to bring comfortable walking shoes, swimwear, water, towel and sun protection.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- On Saturday and holidays, an extra charge of $125 applies
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Masada and Dead Sea Day Trip from Jerusalem?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Masada and Dead Sea Day Trip from Jerusalem?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Masada and Dead Sea Day Trip from Jerusalem?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Masada and Dead Sea Day Trip from Jerusalem?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Masada and Dead Sea Day Trip from Jerusalem
3 hours 55 minutes
3 hours 20 minutes
3 hours 55 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingJerusalemBus Tours - BethlehemArchaeology Tours - BethlehemFull-day Tours - BethlehemBus Tours - Tel AvivArchaeology Tours - Tel AvivFull-day Tours - Tel AvivBus Tours - AmmanArchaeology Tours - AmmanFull-day Tours - AmmanCategory
Tomb of the Virgin Mary (Mary's Tomb)Mahane Yehuda Market (The Shuk)King David's TombRoom of the Last Supper (Cenacle)Dominus Flevit ChurchJerusalem Jewish QuarterChristian Quarter Church of All Nations (Basilica of the Agony)Yad Vashem (World Holocaust Remembrance Center)Church of St. AnneAl-Aqsa MosqueJerichoIsrael Museum, JerusalemOld City of JerusalemBethlehemZion Gate (Bab an-Nawi Dawud)Mea Shearim (Me’a She’arim)Western Wall TunnelsMount of OlivesCity of David National Park