- Minibus tour of Lake District high mountain passes from Keswick
- See the national park's stunning natural landscapes without having to hike
- Ascend to the Wrynose and Hardknott Mountain Passes fro stunning views
- Visit Muncaster Castle
- Drink in panoramas from Wastwater, voted Britain's best view
Departure & Return
We meet all travellers behind the Oddfellows Arms in the centre of Keswick.
What To Expect
On arrival in Windermere, greet your guide and board an air-conditioned vehicle destined for the elevated passes of the Lake District National Park. As you travel through Langdale Valley, a mecca for rock climbers, your guide details the culture and history of the region. Trace narrow twisting roads to the top of the Wrynose and Hardknott Passes and soak up views of Scafell and Scafell Pike, England’s highest mountains.
On arrival in the Eskdale Valley, take a memorable ride on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway. Trundle through picturesque woodlands and disembark for lunch (own expense) at a quaint trailside inn.
Then, continue to Wastwater, home to a lookout point that reveals panoramas once voted Britain’s best view. At Muncaster Castle, a 14th-century fortress owned by the Pennington Family, wander gorgeous gardens filled with diverse flowers and fauna. For an additional cost, opt to visit the Hawk and Owl Centre to see birds of prey.
Your tour concludes with drop-off in Keswick after transfer.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be 5 years or older
- Confirmation is received at the time of booking
- There will be a designated lunch stop where you’ll be able to purchase lunch
- There are toilet stops on route
- Minimal walking is involved
- Our vehicles are not currently wheelchair accessible
- Luggage storage is available at the Windermere Information departure location
- Seats cannot be reserved
- Each passenger must have their own seat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Mountain Goat
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "It's such a great, hassle free way to see so much in a day!" See review