Half-Day North Borneo Railway Train Ride
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Ride a Vulcan Steam Engine dating from 1896 on the North Borneo Railway during a hassle-free tour. Retrace a colonial trade route through villages, countryside, and tunnels, and pass mangrove forests and rivers for spectacular views of scenery that's mostly inaccessible by traditional tour vehicle. Stop at a number of villages, where there's a chance to visit markets and chat with local people. Plus, lunch and round-trip hotel transfers are included.
- Relax in the comfort of deluxe refurbished carriages on an historic steam engine
- Enjoy a packed tiffin box lunch on board plus refreshments
- Receive hassle-free assistance when registering for the train passport
- Hotel transfers from Kota Kinabalu area are included
Light refreshments and lunch box
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if selected required)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- IMPORTANT NOTE : You are advised not to take this trip if you have a flight and other schedule. Arrival and departure times are subject to change without notice. Pleased advised that passengers travelling may encounter delay due to speed restrictions and other operating conditions.
- Due to the age of the train, there are incidences where train may not operate as scheduled or breakdown during the ride. In the event of a cancellation/engine breakdown the following refund policy applies and will be refunded through Viator:
- Upon arrival at the Tg. Aru Train station but before train departs: A refund of USD100 per adult / child
- After train departs Tg. Aru Train station but before Papar Train Station: A refund of USD50 per adult / child
- Upon reaching Papar Train Station or on the return leg of the journey: No refund
- If you are booking ex-train station, please be at the station there before 930 am and register at the North Borneo Railway Train office. Please note that train will depart at 10 am
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Exotic Borneo Sdn Bhd
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "The driver arrived slightly early which is always a good sign." See review
Product code: 19625P4
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursHistorical ToursSelf-guided Tours & RentalsHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingKota KinabaluRail Tours - SabahHistorical Tours - SabahSelf-guided Tours & Rentals - SabahHalf-day Tours - SabahRail Tours - Bandar Seri BegawanHistorical Tours - Bandar Seri BegawanSelf-guided Tours & Rentals - Bandar Seri BegawanHalf-day Tours - Bandar Seri BegawanRail Tours - SandakanHistorical Tours - SandakanSelf-guided Tours & Rentals - SandakanHalf-day Tours - SandakanCategory
Kota Kinabalu City Mosque (Masjid Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu)Sabah State Mosque (Masjid Negeri Sabah)Sapi Island (Pulau Sapi)Gaya Island (Pulau Gaya)Mari Mari Cultural VillageKlias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands)Kota Kinabalu Wetland CentreManukan Island (Pulau Manukan)Tip of Borneo (Tanjung Sipang Mengayu)Monsopiad Cultural VillageSignal Hill Observatory PlatformKota Belud