4 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
- Instant Confirmation
- Multi-Day Trip
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Breakfast included
- Family friendly
Saved to wishlist!
3 nights accommodation at Rama Kharpo Hotel
All necessary Tibet Travel Permits
Airport pickup and drop-off
Taxi or bus fares during the tour
Tibetan English-speaking guide
Food and drinks, unless specified
Transportation to/from Lhasa
Departure & Return
Departure PointLhasa Gonggar Airport or Lhasa Railway Station
Coincides with your itinerary
Return DetailsLhasa Gonggar Airport or Lhasa Railway Station
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum number is 2 people per booking.
- Lhasa is only open to travelers with packaged tours prior to arrival. A tour guide from the same local tour operator must accompany the travelers on daily basis and travel plans MUST be arranged in advance.
- Travelers must obtain a Tibet Travel Permit 10 days prior to tour departure date.
- All Tibet Travel Permits are issued by Tibet Travel Bureau in Lhasa only. Foreign nationals are unable to obtain a Tibet Travel Permit directly from Tibet Travel Bureau. Your local tour operator will assist you with permit application. However, in order for permits to be granted, travelers Must have tours booked for the whole duration of stay.
- Tibet Travel Permits - Tibet Visa: There are two types of permits issued for traveling in Tibet - Tibet Entry Permit (TTB, an equivalent of visa for Tibet) and Alien Travel Permit (PSB), which is also call Tibet Travel Permit, Tibet Visa, or Lhasa Visa. Your local tour operator provides both types of permit for travelers who have placed booking for tours.
- TTB Permit – Tibet Entry Permit – "Tibet Visa" or "Lhasa Visa:" Travelers Must show this permit to purchase airline tickets and upon check-in at the airport if entering Lhasa by air. Travelers who plan to enter Tibet with tour groups by ground transportation also need TTB which will be arranged by your local tour operator. Aliens who plan to visit “restricted” areas in Tibet Must obtain a PSB Permit issued by PSB (Public Security Bureau) of Tibet.
- Chinese Group Visa from Nepal: This visa is only applicable to travelers who entry Tibet from Nepal by air or overland. All foreign nationals entering Tibet from Nepal MUST hold a Tibet Group Visa which can only be obtained from the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. The format of Tibet Group Visa is an A4 sized paper printout with your essential information including names of all members with the group, passport numbers, genders, nationalities, dates of birth, and occupations. The dates of entry and exit are precisely noted on the document. All members of the group MUST enter Tibet and exit China together. The Chinese embassy in Kathmandu issues two copies of original Tibet Group visa to each traveler. One copy will be collected by Chinese Custom upon entry. Another MUST be shown to the custom upon exiting China. If travelers plan to enter Tibet from Nepal, DO NOT apply for Chinese visas in traveler's home countries or elsewhere; otherwise, they will be cancelled and travelers will need to apply for a Tibet Group Visa at the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu.
- Group travelers Must provide below information at time of booking:
- Exact date of entry into Tibet of each member of the group, last destination visited prior to entering, intended transportation for entering Tibet (air or rail). Please note that travelers may only enter Tibet on that specific date and from the last destination visited.
- Number of travelers in your group
- Expiration dates of travelers' Chinese Visas.
- Travelers' occupations
- If travelers entering Tibet by air, please provide mailing addresses and phone numbers in mainland China where local tour operator could mail the original copy of permit to. The cost for mail service is RMB$180 and takes 3 to 4 days for regular post and RMB$680 for express post.
- A trip deposit of USD$100 per person at tour operator's Bank of China account is required.
- Individual travelers Must provide below information at time of booking (please note that it is extremely difficult to receive a Chinese visa extension in Tibet. Please do so before traveling to Tibet):
- A color scanned copy of travel's passport and current Chinese visa. Traveler's Chinese visa must be valid throughout the duration of stay in Tibet.
- Tourist (L) visas require no extra documentation.
- Business (Z and F) visas require a copy of travelers' work permits.
- Student (X) visas require proofs of travelers' enrollment at travelers' place of study. Student ID cards are a good form of proof. If student ID cards are unavailable, letters from travelers' universities with the school chops will be sufficient. Please email high resolution color scan images of travelers' passports, Chinese visas, and any other required documents to local tour operator.
- Entering Tibet by air: local tour operator will send original copies of permit by postal service to travelers' destination addresses in mainland China. Permits may not be sent to addresses outside of China. Travelers may provide local tour operator travelers' hotel addresses, phone numbers, and the name of traveler who places the booking so local tour operator could mail permits to travelers. Cost for mailing service is RMB$180 and takes 3 to 4 days by regular post and RMB$680 by express post. If travelers don’t require airport pickup by tour operator, travelers may take airport shuttle bus to Lhasa. Once travelers arrive in Lhasa, please contact local tour operator who will dispatch a guide to transfer you to the hotel.
- OPERATED BY Tibet Experience -Day Tour
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursMulti-day ToursHistorical ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingLhasaCity Tours - TibetMulti-day Tours - TibetHistorical Tours - TibetCity Tours - ThimphuMulti-day Tours - ThimphuHistorical Tours - ThimphuCity Tours - ParoMulti-day Tours - ParoHistorical Tours - ParoCategory