Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers must be at least 8 years old
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- On this tour, you will travel to demanding altitudes of approximately 11,975 feet (3,650 meters) above sea level in Lhasa and 18,372 feet (5,600 meters) at Drolma-la Pass; it is common for travelers to experience adverse health effects due to this altitude, regardless of age, gender and fitness; it is highly recommended that you discuss this trip with your doctor prior to departure, and begin a regular exercise regimen in the weeks leading up to your trip
- After booking, the local tour operator will send you a packing list and other general information to help you prepare for your trip; you may also request more information about tips and prevention methods for altitude sickness
- Be prepared for very cold weather; pack warm layers appropriately
- In warm weather, please dress conservatively; shoulders and knees must be covered
- There are no luggage restrictions for this tour but Chinese domestic airlines only allow check-in luggage of up to 44 lbs (20 kg) per person
- It is recommended that your bring your own sleeping bag, or purchase one in Lhasa or in mainland China before your tour During the trekking portion, you may leave extra luggage behind; it will be brought in the car by the driver when you are picked up at the end of the trek
- Tour must be booked at least 30 days in advance of Lhasa arrival date; upon booking, clear copies of all travelers' passports and Chinese visas must immediately be sent to the local tour operator in order to apply for and obtain your Tibet travel permit in time for your tour
- If you're flying into Tibet from mainland China: You need the original copy of the Tibet travel permit that the local tour operator will send to your hotel in mainland China. Therefore, please provide your hotel details (name, address and contact numbers) and your hotel reservation number. If you are not staying at a hotel and have a connection flight to Tibet from mainland China, please provide detailed flight information so the local operator can arrange someone from the tour company to deliver your permit to you at the airport in China when you arrive
- If you're taking a train to Tibet from mainland China: You will only need a printed copy of the Tibet permit, which you will receive from the local operator via email
- If you fly into Tibet from Kathmandu, Nepal: You don’t need to have a Chinese visa, but you do need a Tibet Group Visa (same as a Chinese visa) from the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. When you send the copy of your passport to the local tour operator after booking, the staff will help you to get the Tibet Group Visa. The Tibet Group Visa fee is not included in the tour price, so you will be asked to pay at the embassy. Please keep in mind that even if you have a Chinese visa, if you enter Tibet from Nepal, it is required that you have the Tibet Group Visa. Please be advised that when you apply for the Tibet Group Visa, the Chinese Embassy will cancel your current visa. You can only apply for the Tibet Group Visa through a local Nepalese agent, so this tour operator's local agent in Nepal will help you obtain it
- Price is breakdown and clearly stated, travelers only need to pay those service items which are not included according to the price reference. If travelers want to upgrade using top deluxe hotel, please ask tour supplier to help arrange it in advance and extra costs applies.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tibet Ctrip Travel Service
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.