- Guided walking tour of London’s royal sights including the Tower of London and the Changing of the Guard
- Enjoy early access to the Tower of London and see the dazzling Crown Jewels
- See top attractions including Big Ben and the London Eye on a Thames River cruise
- Watch the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace or Horse Guards Parade
- See Buckingham Palace and learn about Queen Elizabeth II
- Listen to insightful commentary about London’s royal highlights from a guide
Departure & Return
Meeting Point Details: Directly in front of the Ticket Office at Tower of London, look for the City Wonders sign. Arriving by tube: Tower Hill Tube Station: Head west turn right towards Trinity Square, turn left onto Trinity Square, Tower of London - 3 min walk
This service ends at Buckingham Palace
What To Expect
Late, at a prearranged time, meet your guide outside the tower and head to the pier. Hop aboard a Thames River cruise boat, and glide along the river into central London. Have your camera ready to capture snaps of some of London’s legendary landmarks as you go; Shakespeare’s Globe, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and St Paul’s Cathedral are all on the route.
From the pier at Embankment, walk with your guide to Horse Guard’s Parade or Buckingham Palace. See the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony, carried out by the red-coated soldiers of the Household Cavalry or Queen’s Foot Guard.
Continue to a vantage spot outside Buckingham Palace to see the balcony where the British Royal Family stand at events, and then bid your guide goodbye.
Please note: If the weather is poor on the day, the timing of the Changing of the Guard may be changed. In the event of this happening, this element of the experience will be replaced with an extended walking tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: Seeing the Changing of the Guard is weather dependent and on occasional Sundays may be rescheduled to early morning, this will then be replaced with an extended walking tour
- Please note that due to the pandemic, the Tower of London opens 1 hour later until 22/10/2021 and from 02/11/2021 to 23/12/2021. For this reason, we've had to postpone our departure time by 1hour during these periods and we regret that due to time constraints, the changing of the guards ceremony cannot be included in the itinerary and will be replaced with an extended walking tour.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders UK
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Private Tower of London Opening Ceremony with Changing of The Guard and Cruise.