- Explore Spitalfields with a friendly guide and discover where the locals eat
- Head inside quirky cafes and top-rated joints endorsed by Time Out London
- Visit St John Bread and Wine for a bacon sandwich and Beigel Bake for a salt-beef bagel
- Learn about the East End's multicultural cuisine and history
Departure & Return
Departure Point: In front of the White Goat statue in Spital Square, (28 Brushfield Street, London E1 6AA, UK). Your guide will be holding or wearing an Eating Europe logo. The closest Underground Station is Liverpool Street.
After the tour, we will point you in the right direction to continue your visit or call a taxi if needed.
What To Expect
Begin with a humble bacon sandwich at award-winning restaurant St John Bread and Wine, and savor the contrast between soft bread and crisp bacon as you enjoy the British breakfast staple. Next, travel back in time as you visit the English Restaurant to sample its famous bread pudding.
Continue to Bedales to sample two of our favourite varieties, for a tasting session and then wander to Poppies, an authentic fish and chip shop revered for its traditional reproduction of an English culinary classic.
Head next to Brick Lane to absorb the atmosphere of the thriving culinary hub. Accustom your eyes to the neon signs above countless curry houses, and take a seat at one of Aladin’s tables to try incredible varieties of curry.
Then, prepare your palate for a sumptuous salt-beef bagel from one of Britain’s most popular bagel shops, Beigel Bake. Conclude your tour with a sweet treat at a historical English building; savor the delectable taste of salted caramel tart and then bid your guide farewell in the buzzing heart of Shoreditch.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must be 18+ to drink alcoholic beverages on the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Tour stops, tastings and number of tastings may change slightly to reflect seasonal produce, vendor opening hours and availability.
- Email us to advise of any dietary requirements such as vegetarian and gluten-free diets in advance of the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY London Food Tours by Eating Europe
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands