- Private Hampton Court Palace tour
- Get up close to prized artworks from the Royal Collection and see King Henry VIII’s replica crown in the Chapel Royal
- Discover the history of the royal palace and the Tudor, Stuart and Georgian monarchs who resided there
- Receive the undivided attention of a historian guide on this private tour
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Hampton Court Palace, Greater London Address: Hampton Court Palace, East Molesey, Surrey KT8 9AU Directions: Meet your guide at the Hampton Court ticket office Dates: Daily, except Sunday
Return point: Concludes inside Hampton Court Palace
What To Expect
Leave the admission area with your guide, and start your palace tour. Pose for photos in front of the palace’s iconic red-bricked front, and head through the arched entranceway, which is flanked by elegant columns and towers.
Follow your guide as you learn about the highlights of Hampton Court Palace. Admire Anne Boleyn’s Gate, a Tudor gatehouse, and gaze up at the Clock Court’s Astronomical Clock. Wander around the Tudor Quarters and Great Hall to see the impressive hammer-beam roof and the tapestries that cloak the walls.
Ogle the art from the Royal Collection inside the Cumberland Art Gallery, and see acclaimed artwork by the likes of Canaletto, Caravaggio, Holbein and Rembrandt. Then, check out the opulence of the Chapel Royal — a site that was decadently decorated for the christening of Edward VI. As you stand beneath the gold-and-blue ceiling, wander to the royal pew to admire a replica of the crown worn by King Henry VIII himself.
Stop for refreshments at an on-site cafe before you view the Triumphs of Caesar. The collection of Andrea Mantegna paintings are said to make up some of the world’s most significant Italian paintings of the Renaissance period.
After 3.5 hours, make the most of some free time to explore independently. Maybe rest and enjoy lunch, or take an amble through the garden and grounds.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: trains from London Waterloo Station run regularly to Hampton Court; travel time is approximately 30 minutes. From Hampton Court Train Station to Hampton Court Palace is approximately a 10-minute walk
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY ARTSTUR Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff