- Tour the reconstructed Elizabethan theater and see how plays were staged in Shakespeare's day
- Upgrade to include a whimsical A Midsummer Night's Dream– themed afternoon tea at the Swan at the Globe
Departure & Return
Departure PointShakespeare's Globe Theatre, 21 New Globe Walk, London SE1 9DT England
What To Expect
Head inside the Globe — a masterpiece of Elizabethan architecture and active performance house — and harken back to the days when ordinary (and terribly raucous) citizens crowded the open-air, circular theatre for a Shakespeare show. Immerse yourself in tales of the 1599 theater experience, which featured the unruly sport of Elizabethan spectating, and hear about the Globe’s history, renovation and current life as an experimental theater space.
Afternoon Tea Upgrade Option
Finish your tour in style by upgrading to include afternoon tea at the Swan at the Globe. This one-of-a-kind afternoon tea is inspired by Shakespeare’s much-loved A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and many of the sweet and savory delights on offer can be traced back to the play — even the crockery on which the tea is served has been designed to reflect the play's whimsical themes. Sip on your choice of tea, and sink your teeth into a delectable selection of finger sandwiches, scones and cakes while you gaze out over the Thames River and St Paul’s Cathedral. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
Please note: If you’ve opted for the upgrade, please arrive by 11:45am (Monday to Saturday) or 10:45am (Sunday).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Visitors need to arrive at the entrance of the Groundling Gates on Bankside opposite the river, where a staff member will greet you at an outdoor information pod.
- We advise visitors arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Duration of guided tour is 50 minute.
- The Globe is a working theatre, tour times vary due to performance schedules or sometimes take place during rehearsals (giving you an exclusive look at the rehearsal process!).
- Guided tours take place in all weathers.
- There is no dress code, but we recommend visitors wear appropriate clothing and footwear as tours take place outdoors.
- Most travelers can participate
- Tuesday to Saturday afternoon tea is served at 1.00pm if option is chosen
- Sunday afternoon tea is served at 12.00pm if option is chosen
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Shakespeare's Globe
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Shakespeare's Globe Guided Tours with Optional Shakespearean Afternoon Tea.