- Full-day Mt Pinatubo adventure from Manila
- Drive a 4x4 vehicle off road into a volcanic landscape
- Hike with an experienced guide past valley streams to Mt Pinatubo Crater
- Take in the breathtaking sights above the colorful crater lake
- Relax with a Filipino-style lunch at V.E.S. Food Resort and Villas
- Round-trip hotel transport included
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
First, settle in for the drive from your Manila hotel, departing before the sun rises. Catch up on sleep or eat the breakfast you brought along before arriving at Capas Tarlac, where you’ll depart for Sta. Juliana Base Camp.
After a safety briefing, hop behind the wheel or into the passenger seat of your 4x4 and follow your guide along a bumpy route, referred to as the Sky Way. You’ll make your way over the volcanic terrain until arriving at the base of the volcano.
Disembark your vehicle for a leisurely, but moderate, guided trek to Mt Pinatubo Crater, starting down a lahar slope and then climbing into the forest. During the hike, your guide points out valley streams, volcanic rocks and other natural features in the landscape. Finally, climb a stairway to the viewing deck to peer at the shimmering, gemstone-like green waters of the crater lake from afar—swimming is prohibited.
You'll have free time to explore the region before starting your trek back. When you reach the area where your 4x4 is parked, climb aboard for the rugged ride back to base camp.
Replenish with authentic Filipino cuisine for lunch at V.E.S. Food Resort and Villas. Enjoy seafood fried noodles or barbecued chicken at the on-site restaurant and garden. You’re free to take a shower here before your return drive to Manila. Your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel in Manila.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Maximum age is 69 years
- Lunch is scheduled at around 3:30pm on this tour; please be prepared to bring your own breakfast and snacks or bring money to purchase some along the way
- Swimming in the crater is prohibited
- Travelers are recommended to bring the following: Breakfast and snacks, sunblock, hiking shoes, hat, sunglasses, extra drinking water
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- This tour is subject to weather condition
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Baron Travel - Gray Line Philippines
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff