Explore our promoted experiences
- 4-hour street food tour in Mumbai
- Discover Mumbai’s culinary fare with classic street cuisine
- Sample 8 to 10 snacks, beverages and desserts
- Enjoy tasty treats around Mohammed Ali Road and Chowpatty Beach
- Stop by food stalls at Bhendi Bazaar and a Muslim mosque
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
There are four entrances to Churchgate Station, including two subways. Once inside the station, go to the book stall about 30 metres before the platforms. Look for the sign saying “Wheeler.”
This is very close to Charni Road train station. The pool entrance is located right next to the pedestrian bridge crossing Marine Drive
The tour ends at McDonald’s but don’t worry- we won’t be trying any food here! Afterwards your tour guide will help you with transport, such as a taxi, to wherever you want to go.
What To Expect
After meeting your guide in South Mumbai at Churchgate railway station, set out for Chowpatty Beach to sample vegetarian favorites like pav bhaji (a spicy vegetable curry) and bhel puri (a crunchy snack with puffed rice, vegetables and tangy tamarind sauce).
Next up, discover the busy food stalls along Mohammed Ali Road, which has a reputation as a foodie heaven. You’ll see a variety of meat cuts sizzling on streetside grills, all tended by vendors who specialize in specific dishes.
Stroll through the bustling alleys near Minara Masjid, the epicenter of the city’s Ramadan celebrations and one of Mumbai’s many mosques. Then take in the labyrinthine Bhendi Bazaar, a market in the historically Muslim neighborhood, and hear from your guide about the multi-million dollar redevelopment plan proposed for the area.
Towards the end of your walking tour, satisfy your sweet tooth at a shop that was established more than a century ago. Sample hand-churned ice cream in unfamiliar flavors or nibble a bright-orange jalebi (a deep-fried sweet soaked in syrup).
Expect to walk at a leisurely pace with plenty of stops for samples and photo ops, the perfect way to explore the world of Mumbai street food.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reality Tours & Travel Pvt Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "I like the fact that money from the ticket support children’s education in dharavi.." See review