4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Rewind to Mumbai’s pre-colonial days on a private half-day tour of the Elephanta Caves. With a private guide, ride a ferry to Elephanta Island in Mumbai Harbor, and explore its UNESCO-listed caves and rock art, believed to date from the 500s. Explore the main Shiva Cave with its huge sculptures of Shiva and Hindu mythologies, and admire the smaller Buddhist caves as your guide shares their history. Ferry and entrance tickets at own expense and option to include a family lunch.
- Private half-day Elephanta Caves tour from Mumbai
- Catch a public ferry to see the UNESCO-listed ‘City of Caves’ on Elephanta Island
- Tour the main, Shiva Cave with its giant Hindu rock statues of Shiva, Nataraja, and Yogishvara
- Explore other Hindu and Buddhist caves, filled with statues and reliefs of religious scenes
- Discover why the caves were carved, and the symbolism of their rock art
- Personalized attention from a private, professional guide
Saved to wishlist!
Expert Guide (English, Spanish or German speaking depending on option selected)
Family Lunch (Only if Lunch Inclusive Option Selected)
Hotel pickup & dropoff by airconditioned vehicle (available for extra charge of USD 24 for 1-4 pax)
Entrance fee: USD 8 per person
Return ferry ticket: USD 3 per person
Any other meals or drinks
Departure & Return
Colaba Causeway, opposite Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400005, India
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 10 years
- No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes, and sunglasses/sunscreen are highly recommended, as well as a hat or scarf for ladies
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- prices for English,Spanish and German are different
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Mystical Mumbai
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Mumbai Elephanta Caves Private Half-Day Tour including Guide
6 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsArchaeology ToursWater ToursUnderground Tours Ports of Call ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMumbaiShore Excursions - PuneArchaeology Tours - PuneWater Tours - PuneUnderground Tours - PunePorts of Call Tours - PuneHistorical Tours - PuneHalf-day Tours - PuneShore Excursions - AurangabadArchaeology Tours - AurangabadWater Tours - AurangabadUnderground Tours - AurangabadPorts of Call Tours - AurangabadHistorical Tours - AurangabadHalf-day Tours - AurangabadShore Excursions - GoaArchaeology Tours - GoaWater Tours - GoaUnderground Tours - GoaPorts of Call Tours - GoaHistorical Tours - GoaHalf-day Tours - GoaCategory
Mani Bhavan Gandhi SangrahalayaDhobi GhatMahalakshmi TempleNational Gallery of Modern Art Mumbai (NGMA)Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati TempleBombay PanjrapoleJehangir Art GalleryBanganga Tank (Banganga Talav)Babulnath Temple (Babulnath Mandir)Fashion Street Juhu BeachS.J. StudiosKarla CavesMarine DriveImagica Water ParkISKCON Temple of Mumbai Elephanta CavesWater KingdomRegal Circle (SP Mukherjee Chowk)Mount Mary Church