- South Mumbai walking tour
- Explore Crawford Market, Mangaldas Market and Mumbai’s flower alley
- Hear commentary from your guide about local life in the city
- Observe Hindu priests at Mumbadevi Temple
- See devotees care for stray cows at Bombay Panjrapole
- Enjoy a cup of tea or soft drink amid the vivid spices and fabrics
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 7 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Colaba is a landmark every taxi driver should be familiar with. Your guide will meet you outside the entrance of the cinema and will be wearing a blue, button-down shirt.
Please meet your guide outside the main entrance.
Your tour guide will help you with transport, such as a taxi, or a train to wherever you want to go.
What To Expect
Founded in 1871, Crawford Market sports Gothic and Romanesque features, a defining architectural style of South Mumbai. Check out displays of colorful vegetables, meats, imported cheeses, homemade chocolates and household goods. (Please note that some endangered and exotic animals are sold at Crawford Market).
Next up, get a taste of the vibrant Kalbadevi and Bhuleshwar bazaars. The sight and scents of a multitude of Indian spices make this area particularly stimulating. Stop to take it all in while sipping a complimentary cup of tea or soda before continuing on to your next destination: Mangaldas Market.
Opened in 1893, Mangaldas Market is home to hundreds of clothing vendors and tailors, and it is known to celebrated fashion designers for its fabulous fabrics.
Take a break from shopping to visit the quiet oasis of Mumbadevi Temple. Inside the temple, you might see devotees being blessed by Hindu priests and your guide explains the basics of Hinduism, the dominant religion of India.
Near the temple, head into Mumbai’s flower alley, renowned for garlands of saffron-colored marigolds and red roses. Then see Bombay Panjrapole, an animal shelter that was founded in 1834. Situated on a quiet two-acre parcel within busy Bhuleshwar market, the shelter primarily cares for hundreds of cows, which are sacred to Hindus.
After an eye-opening tour with your insightful guide, your tour ends at Madhav Baug in Bhuleshwar
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
- A significant portion of the proceeds from your local tour operator goes back into the local community to support a variety of projects on education, health and livelihood
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reality Tours & Travel Pvt Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms