12 to 13 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Leave left-side driving to your private chauffeur/guide as you relax on the 3.5-hour drive to Sigiriya, a fifth-century rock fortress that’s recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After exploring the citadel’s many wonders with your guide, travel to the Minneriya National Park, known for its expansive population of wild elephants, and admire these majestic animals. Finally, return to your Negombo hotel.
- Explore the UNESCO-listed rock fortress of Sigiriya
- See wild Asian elephants on an afternoon safari in Minneriya National Park
- Enjoy tailor-made insights into Sri Lanka from your private chauffeur/guide
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip private transfers
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off from Negombo
Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
Safari jeep for the 3-hour safari.
Water bottle (per-person).
Entrance tickets. (Minneriya National Park)
Food and drinks.
Departure & Return
Negombo, Sri Lanka
Your hotel in Negombo
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Hats & comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Depending on the road traffic conditions allocated time will differ.
- A walk, between the paws of a giant historic lion fortress
- The colorful frescoes of Sigiriya
- A chance to elephants, deer, monkeys, crocodiles and many other wildlife on an exclusive safari
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Sigiriya Rock and Wild Elephant Safari from Negombo?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Sigiriya Rock and Wild Elephant Safari from Negombo?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Sigiriya Rock and Wild Elephant Safari from Negombo?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Sigiriya Rock and Wild Elephant Safari from Negombo?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Sigiriya Rock and Wild Elephant Safari from Negombo
12 to 13 hours
1 hour 30 minutes
6 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesNegomboNature and Wildlife - ColomboAttractions & Museums - ColomboNature and Wildlife - KalutaraAttractions & Museums - KalutaraNature and Wildlife - KandyAttractions & Museums - KandyCategory