Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Tour of Mardi Gras World in New Orleans
- See where New Orleans’ amazing Mardi Gras floats are made
- Try on Mardi Gras costumes, pose in front of the floats, and savor a slice of traditional King Cake
- Learn about the history of Mardi Gras from your guide
- Pickup from downtown New Orleans provided
Departure & Return
Arrive using your own transportation or take the free shuttle. Transport is provided from 20 downtown New Orleans locations. A list can be found on your ticket. Shuttles run every half hour from each location from morning until mid‐afternoon. Please call tour operator for estimated pickup time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by your guide, an expert in all things Mardi Gras. Get inspired by the warehouses and ‘float dens,’ studio spaces where designers create elaborate floats for the festival’s 40-plus parades. Learn the meanings behind the symbols and design details, and check out the incredible planning and labor that goes into constructing each float.
You’ll come away with a greater understanding of Mardi Gras, a beloved and deep‐rooted tradition that is now the largest cultural celebration in the U.S. Before heading back to town on the shuttle, get a photo with your favorite float and try on some fun festival costumes—and don’t forget to grab a delicious slice of King Cake.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour does not operate on Mardi Gras Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and Easter
- Completed floats may not be along the tour route the week leading up to Fat Tuesday
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mardi Gras World
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.