Are you interested in?
Garden District Tours
52 Tours & Activities
Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 Tours
34 Tours & Activities
166 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Step back in time on this historic walking tour of New Orleans’ Garden District with an experienced guide. Learn about life and death in the city and its unique above-ground crypts and gravesites. Walk shady avenues lined with antebellum homes, and hear how a small riverside settlement grew into a lavish, wealthy city. See a wide range of architectural styles in the elegant Garden District neighborhood then get local tips on the city’s best places to enjoy New Orleans' finest music, food, and drink.
- Guided history tour of the Garden District
- Explore the city with a local guide
- See historic tombs and crypts at Lafayette Cemetery No.1
- Learn about antebellum life and architecture
Saved to wishlist!
Insider tips for local hangouts
Recommendations for food, music and fun
Departure & Return
Departure Point1427 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Tour is generally wheelchair accessible however be prepared for very uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with mobility issues or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A significant amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY TOURS by STEVEN
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the social distancing policy during New Orleans Garden District Walking Tour Including Lafayette Cemetery No. 1?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "If you love architecture and history this tour is for you!" See review
Product code: 23790P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingNew OrleansCity Tours - LouisianaWalking Tours - LouisianaCity Tours - Orange BeachWalking Tours - Orange BeachCity Tours - DestinWalking Tours - DestinCategory
Lower Ninth WardMusical Legends ParkHoumas HouseNew Orleans Pharmacy MuseumNew Orleans City ParkPreservation HallNew Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA)Destrehan PlantationNational WWII MuseumNew Canal LighthouseJackson SquareMardi Gras WorldSt. Joseph PlantationFrenchmen StreetBeauregard-Keyes HouseOld U.S. MintNapoleon HouseMississippi RiverMercedes-Benz SuperdomeAudubon Nature Institute