Are you interested in?
263 Tours & Activities
Art & Culture
373 Tours & Activities
French Quarter Tours
154 Tours & Activities
1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Discover the historic crypts and monuments at New Orleans’ Saint Louis Cemetery #1 on a guided walking tour. While guests aren't allowed inside the cemetery at this time, you'll still hear stories about the city’s most colorful characters and luminaries from outside the gates and have options for photo shoots. Pay your respects to Marie Laveau, known as New Orleans’ ‘Voodoo Queen,’ see the tombs of the city’s greatest families and visit sections devoted to Louisiana’s different Christian denominations. Learn about New Orleans’ history and culture as you explore the city’s oldest cemetery.
- Guided walking tour outside the gates of New Orleans' oldest cemetery
- See tombs of the city's most famous citizens
- Hear stories about Louisiana culture and heritage
- Step back in time with a history tour
- Small-group tour ensures a personal experience
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure Point710 St Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Return Details400 Basin St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT MEET AT THE CEMETERY! YOU MUST CHECK IN 15 MIN. PRIOR TO TOUR TIME AT 710 ST. LOUIS ST.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers except children 5 and under, who are free.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (approximately one mile).
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes & drink plenty of water, regardless of the temperature.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in with your guide. If you are late, you may join only in the first 10 minutes of the tour, during the walk down St. Louis St. You may reschedule up to 12 hours in advance of departure time with no rebooking fee.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- If you miss your tour, a rescheduling fee of $2.50/pp will apply for same day (if we are able to accommodate you). You must call to reschedule.
- Most travelers can participate
- During COVID-19 pandemic, all travelers are required to properly wear a mask & pods will social distance 6 ft.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY French Quarter New Orleans Tours LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during One Hour Saint Louis Cemetery Number One Walking Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during One Hour Saint Louis Cemetery Number One Walking Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during One Hour Saint Louis Cemetery Number One Walking Tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 23149P5
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingNew OrleansCity Tours - LouisianaWalking Tours - LouisianaHistorical Tours - LouisianaCity Tours - Orange BeachWalking Tours - Orange BeachHistorical Tours - Orange BeachCity Tours - DestinWalking Tours - DestinHistorical Tours - DestinCategory
San Francisco PlantationHistoric New Orleans Collection (HNOC)Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture GardenSt. Louis CathedralLaura PlantationRoyal StreetJean Lafitte National Historical Park and PreserveChalmette National Historical ParkFrenchmen StreetAudubon ParkOld Ursuline ConventStoryville District Confederate Memorial Hall MuseumNew Orleans Pharmacy MuseumFaubourg MarignyJackson SquareLouis Armstrong ParkThe PresbytèreLongue Vue House and GardensHard Rock Cafe New Orleans