- Explore the famous university city on two wheels
- Pedal to some of the university’s most famous college buildings
- See pubs, parks, and other sites linked with some of the most famous writers and scholars of our time
- Make use of the included full-day bike rental to explore more after the tour
Departure & Return
In front of a shop called Fudge Kitchen.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Pedal along Oxford’s bike-friendly streets toward some of the 38 beautiful colleges that make up the prestigious University of Oxford, considered the oldest university in the English-speaking world. As you cycle, admire the timeworn buildings that throng the narrow roads and gain insight into the city’s past and present from your guide.
In addition to the university buildings, you’ll also visit sites like Port Meadow, said to be the inspiration behind the Alice in Wonderland stories, and the Eagle and Child pub, where the Inklings writers' group, whose members included J. R. R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis, often held meetings.
After your 2-hour tour concludes, you can make use of the included full-day bike rental to continue exploring at your own pace, should you wish.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Footprints Tours Limited
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Oxford Bike Tour with Student Guide.