1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Explore our promoted experiences
Oxford is home to one of the world’s most famous and prestigious colleges, and this private 2-hour walking tour unveils all the secrets of the university city. Marvel at landmarks including the Bodleian Library and Christchurch, peek inside Oxford University buildings like New College or the Divinity School; and follow in the footsteps of British legends such as J.R.R Tolkien, CS Lewis, King Henry VIII, and Harry Potter.
- 2-hour private Oxford City and University walking tour
- Admire architectural wonders such as the Bodleian Library and Christchurch
- Hear stories about former Oxford students such as Tony Blair, CS Lewis, and J.R.R Tolkien
- See filming sites from the Harry Potter movies
- Visit Oxford University buildings such as Exeter College, New College, or the Divinity School
- Ideal introduction to Oxford for first-time visitors or those short on time
- Private tour ensures a personalized experience and the undivided attention of your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Until May 16th only, entry to Magdalen college is included worth £7 per person
Please see EXCLUSIONS section below for any dates with limited college entry eg graduations, Xmas
Entry worth £2.50 person to visit Divinity school included where & when open (not before May 17th!)
COVID19 NOTICE: we cannot guarantee entry inside any colleges or venues during this period
Other university colleges are private institutions, so we can't always guarantee entry to colleges
NB Divinity school is closed until May 17th and also from Dec 24-28 and Dec 31 to Jan 1st!!
We cannot guarantee entry into Divinity school on all dates- it sometimes closes for private events
Departure & Return
15-16 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AS, UK
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Average duration 90-120 minutes and tour to cater to your special interests (let us know on the day or in advance).
- Tours are in English but where possible and with at least 24 hours notice, we may be able to provide a tour in a foreign language.
- Where and when possible, we will take you inside the Divinity School at the Bodleian library (a Harry Potter film site)
- 12:30 is the default start time. However, alternativee start times may seasonally be available between 10am to 4pm upon request at the time of booking. MORNING TOUR REQUESTS:
- Any requests to start tours before 12.30 start time, please note only a few colleges open before 1pm, so while we can still deliver a great tour at any time of the day, it's recommended to start tour in afternoon, to have more options to go inside colleges.
- Please note that as the university colleges are private institutions, we can't always guarantee entry to colleges but it is very rare that we cannot get entry into at least 1 or 2 colleges on the tour. Please take note of any advertised university graduation dates mentioned below, as those dates can have less options of colleges to visit.
- This tour enters Divinity School Harry Potter film site at Bodleian Library, wherever & whenever possible.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 22362P21
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingOxfordWalking Tours - South East EnglandHistorical Tours - South East EnglandWalking Tours - LondonHistorical Tours - LondonWalking Tours - BirminghamHistorical Tours - BirminghamCategory