- Save time and go on a walking tour and a river punting/rowing trip in a day
- See filming locations from the movie Harry Potter
- Flexible tour—choose to row yourself or have a chauffeur to punt
- See many Oxford highlights in a day, including Oxford University
Departure & Return
Meet your guide wearing red lanyard OUTSIDE the currently empty shop at 15 Broad Street, OX1 3AS. This is located next to Oxfam shop, 17 Broad street.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- In case of bad weather: unfortunately, we don't permit cancellations but if you give us at least 24 hours notice, then we will accept requests to reschedule the date. If weather forecast suggests heavy rain & if you cannot reschedule to another date, we will alternatively let you book onto any alternative tour activity which is also running, such as to join a tour inside Christchurch.
- Please note the river is on average about 6 feet (2m) deep, so any children will automatically be offered a lifebelt but you must notify us if any adults or children in your group cannot swim. Please advise us of this fact, when you book & when you meet the guide & when the boathouse prepare your boat!
- The default schedule for this tour is to first join either the 12.30 walking tour or the 2.30pm walking tour and then the guide will walk you to the boathouse. If your schedule requires you to instead take the boat trip in the morning before you join the walking tour, then you must make this request known and advise what time you can meet us (any time from 10am onwards)
- PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- Max 3-4 persons + guide per boat. Any larger groups, ask viator to call us up for a quote!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.