- Guided walking and bicycle tour in Oxford
- Learn about Oxford’s 1,000-year-old history, university, and architecture
- Set out on foot and visit the Bodleian Library and Divinity School (subject to availability)
- Hop on a bike to see Radcliffe Square and the Radcliffe Camera
- Pedal by Magdalen College, the Examinations Schools, and more
- See the Eagle and Child pub, once frequented by J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis
- Includes entrance fees and full-day use of bike after your tour
Departure & Return
The meeting point is in front of a shop called Fudge Kitchen.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Visit some of the city’s oldest university colleges, and head inside the 17th-century Bodleian Library. Then, depending on availability on the day, visit the Divinity School to view its spectacular rib-vaulted ceiling, and take in Christ Church before hopping on a bike and exploring on two wheels.
Cycle into Radcliffe Square to see the Radcliffe Camera and some unusual gargoyles, and view the ‘Narnia Door,’ said to have inspired C.S. Lewis’ The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Pedal to Magdalen College, where Lewis and Oscar Wilde studied, and after admiring views of the Botanic Gardens, pass the Examinations Schools as you learn about the university’s entrance exams.
Cycle to the Eagle and Child Pub, a former haunt of Tolkien, and coast around Jericho and Port Meadow, an area of common land dubbed ‘Oxford’s oldest monument.’
Your tour finishes in central Oxford, when you can choose to continue exploring on the supplied bike for the rest of the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of biking is involved
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Footprints Tours Limited
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Oxford Bike and Walking Tour.