Explore our promoted experiences
- 4-hour walking tour of George Town
- Explore the UNESCO-listed city with a local guide
- Walk the 'Street of Harmony'
- Includes admission to Penang Peranakan Mansion
- Learn about local history, religion, and culture
- Pickup and drop-off at Penang Island hotels
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Walk to the State Assembly building, then follow the “Street of Harmony,” where a wide range of religious sites and devotees line up side by side. You’ll see the rooflines of the Chinese society houses, and stop at a series of religious buildings, including St. George’s Church, the Goddess of Mercy Temple, Sri Mariamman Temple, and Kapitan Keling Mosque, a 19th-century landmark built by Indian Muslims.
Your tour includes admission to the Pinang Peranakan Mansion, a museum-house that explores Penang’s Peranakan, or Chinese-Malay heritage. After visiting the mansion, pause at a Hindu flower stall to learn the art of making colorful flower garlands, and pause for photos of street art and wall paintings.
If desired, you can continue on a beca, or trishaw, for a relaxing ride through George Town’s narrow streets (trishaw own expense). This 4-hour walking tour concludes with return transfer to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, hat/cap and sunglasses during hot, sunny day
- Bring your own drinking water
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Walking tour
- Pick-up & Drop-off from other area of Penang is available at charge (ie, Bayan Lepas, Queensbay, Seberang Jaya, Butterworth, Seberang Perai, etc)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Overland Services Tours & Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff