- Explore Vietnam's Ta Ku Mountain on a day trip from Phan Thiet
- Experience the cooler temperatures and religious relics of this famous mountain
- Check out the views during a 10-minute cable car ride to the top
- Admire the imposing heft of the mountain's 'Reclining Buddha'
- Enjoy an included lunch at a restaurant located on the mountain
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Once you arrive at Ta Ku, climb aboard the mountain’s cable cars for a laid-back (and scenic) 10-minute ride to the top. As the cable car climbs ever higher, you’re likely to feel the change in air temperature and hear the calls of birds wafting up to your ears. When you disembark from the cable car, walk for 980 feet (300 meters) to the mountain’s Reclining Buddha. Admire this giant religious landmark, a statue which is 160-feet (49-meters) long and 36 feet (11 meters) high.
Continue the trip by stopping for lunch at a local restaurant situated on the mountain, during which your guide will share details about the Buddha statue’s origins. After lunch you’ll return back to the base of the mountain by cable car before continuing your trip back. On the way home, stop at factory that produces Vietnamese sauce, one of the country’s more famous cooking ingredients. You’ll be dropped off by late afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Most travelers can participate
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and along Mui Ne Beach only. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the city (such as Phu Hai), harbour and any airport in the vicinity are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Customers are advised that during the TET celebrations (celebration of Vietnamese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pick-up and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff