- Get oriented to Boston's most famous suburb on a Salem history tour
- Learn about the city's early settlement and role in the American Revolution
- Hear how the tragic 1692 witch trials shook the city's conscience
- Great introduction for history buffs and first-time Salem visitors
Departure & Return
11:30am Tour Departure Point: Salem Historical Tours office at 8 Central Street. (part of the pedestrian walkway downtown at the corner of Essex and Central Street). Address: Salem Historical Tours 8 Central Street, Salem, MA 01970 Return point: Returns to downtown area. Guide can direct you to where you want to go. *Please plan to check in 15-20 minutes prior to your tour. **Please call office at 978.745.0666 if there are any questions on where to meet.
Return Location: Returns to downtown Salem area. Tour Guide can help direct you to where you want to go.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Parking available in garages on New Liberty, Bridge, and Congress Streets
- Parking available in lots at Church Street, Front Street, and Klopp Alley. Metered parking near us. Use Passport Smart Phone App for meters. Bus parking available on New Derby Street and Hawthorne Boulevard.
- Tour departs at 11:30am. Check in 15-20 minutes before your tour time at Salem Historical Tours office, located at 8 Central Street
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- The City of Salem has rescinded its face mask and proof of vaccination order. You no longer have to show proof of vaccination or wear a face mask to enter our office and gift shop. It is subject to change in the future.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salem Historical Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff