- Experience Shanghai from the land and sea on this afternoon sightseeing tour
- Cruise along Huangpu River
- Panoramic views of Shanghai from the Oriental TV Tower's observation deck
- Visit the popular shopping district of Nanjing Road
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Informative and friendly guide
- Includes hotel pickup and drop off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Located in Pudong Park in the developing Lujiazui District, the tower stands 1,535 feet (468 meters) high and rates as one of the world's tallest TV towers. Follow your guide into the elevator and ride up to the observation deck for panoramic views over Shanghai, including the industrial development alongside the Huangpu River, the wide waterway that slips through the center of Shanghai.
Next, travel over to the Huangpu River to board your boat for a sightseeing cruise. From the river, get a close look at the waterfront and the grand colonial buildings in the Bund, the center of international trade and government in 19th-century Shanghai. The buildings feature diverse architectural styles, including Baroque, Romanesque and Gothic.
Stop for photos at People's Square, a pretty green park that commemorates Chinese patriots and is surrounded by buildings. Then see the vision for the new Shanghai at the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall.
Your final stop is Nanjing Road, the first commercial street in Shanghai. The pedestrian-only street is the popular shopping center of the city, always bustling with locals, business people and tourists. You may want to return on your own in the evening to get a taste of Shanghai's nightlife.
After about five hours, your guide returns you to your hotel to end your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hantang International Travel Service
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Shanghai Afternoon Sightseeing Tour including Huangpu River Cruise & OTV Tower.