Explore our promoted experiences
- Shanghai highlights bike tour
- Visit the Shanghai French Concession, Nanjing Road, Xintiandi, the Bund and more
- Gain an intimate insight into Shanghai's interesting character
- Your friendly, knowledgeable guide will help you navigate Shanghai’s streets and teach you about the sites you see
- Bike and helmet rental and water bottle included
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meet up at Main entrance of Jade Buddha Temple (玉佛禅寺正门) Address: 170 Anyuan Rd, Jing'an, Shanghai, China 上海静安区安远路170号 Directions: Take Shanghai Metro Line 7 and get off at Changshou Rd Station. Jade Buddha Temple is a two minute walk from exit 地铁7号线长寿路站，步行1-2分钟至玉佛禅寺
What To Expect
Start your cycling trip with either a morning or afternoon departure (depending on the option selected), meeting your guide near the city’s Jade Buddha Temple. Receive your bike rental and helmet before following your guide for a relaxing 12-mile (20-km) bike trip past some of Shanghai’s most unique neighborhoods and attractions. As you ride, your guide will share insights about the city’s history, culture and architecture.
Admire Shanghai’s French Concession, a district controlled by the French in the 19th and 20th centuries. Soak up the area’s distinctly European charm as you pedal past its Catholic churches and terraced cafés, before proceeding down Tianzifang (Taikang Road), a district known for its dense maze of alleyways and collection of arts and crafts businesses.
Continue to Xintiandi, a pedestrian-friendly area of Shanghai known for its wealth of retail shops, restaurants and entertainment offerings. Cycle down Shanghai Old Street, then along Nanjing Road, eventually reaching the city’s iconic Bund, located along the banks of the Huangpu River. Then check out People’s Square before returning to the Jade Buddha Temple to finish your day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Children under 6 are provided a child bike seat; children between 6 and 16 are provided their own child bikes
- While this tour is suitable for everyone, participants must be physically able to ride the total riding distance of approximately 12 miles
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY China Adventure Travel Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms