- Private sunrise tour of Varanasi including Ganges boat ride
- A cultural experience ideal for first-time visitors
- See pilgrims bathing in holy water at Assi Ghat
- Visit the famous Golden Temple (Kashi Vishwanath) and see bodies publicly cremated at Manikarnika Ghat
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Varanasi Hotels. Please update your pick up address.
What To Expect
Along the way, your guide explains the significance of the Ganges River in the Hindu religion. Stop at Assi Ghat to watch pilgrims bathing in the allegedly holy waters before visiting a series of temples to receive Hindu blessings.
Then, head to a stadium to watch pehalwans (wrestlers) fight one another in a mud pit before boarding a boat to cruise along the River Ganges.
Your cruise concludes at Manikarnika Ghat, one of the most sacred ghats in Varanasi. The bodies of devout Hindus are cremated here in order for their ashes to be carried away by the river.
Disembark here and wander to Golden Temple (Kashi Vishwanath), characterized by its pastel pink exterior and golden spire. Over tea, delve deeper into Hindu traditions before you bid your guide farewell after hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Minimum age is 4 years
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GeTs Holidays
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private 5-Hour Varanasi Tour at Dawn Including Boat Ride.