- Tour of the House of Waterford Crystal factory in Waterford
- Meet craftsmen, and learn about historical and contemporary production techniques
- Visit the mold room, and see blowers shape molten crystal with wooden molds and hand tools
- Watch as glowing balls of crystal are put through the 1300-degree furnace
- Browse the retail store, one of the world’s largest displays of Waterford Crystals
- Choose a departure time throughout the day during operating hours
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once you get to the House of Waterford Crystal and are ready to go on your tour, go behind the scenes at the factory. Waterford Crystal is one of the very few companies who still practice the ancient craft of mold making, and as you go through the factory, you’ll see little has changed over the centuries.
First up, go into the mold room, and witness blowers shape molten crystal with wooden molds and hand tools. Then, head into the blowing department where you can watch as glowing balls of crystal are put through a 1300-degree furnace. After their time in the furnace, each piece is cut, and sculpted, and engraved to perfection.
After the tour, enjoy some time exploring the retail store. From dining tables to golf trophies, this store houses one of the world’s largest collections of Waterford Crystals. If you need a break at any time during the day, there’s also a café you can pop into for a bite to eat or a beverage (own expense).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Parking is available at the rear of the House of Waterford Crystal, in Bolten Street Public Car park: Cost is €1 per hour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY House of Waterford Crystal
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by House of Waterford Crystal Guided Factory Tour.