45 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Follow in the wake of lighthouse-keepers through the centuries with admission to the Hook Lighthouse on southeast Ireland’s Hook Peninsula. Travel independently to the building — a beacon for Waterford Harbour for over 800 years — and the world’s oldest working lighthouse. Then, enjoy a tour of the medieval tower: climbing the well-trodden stairs, hearing about past keepers, and admiring panoramic views from the balcony. Includes entry to the visitor center with its exhibits, shops, and café.
- Admission ticket and tour of the Hook Lighthouse in County Wexford
- Explore the world’s oldest operational lighthouse
- Tour the tower and staircase, and absorb epic sea views from the balcony
- Climb the spiral steps and hear tales of the keepers of old
- Includes admission to visitor center with its exhibits, shops, and café
- Choice of departure times to suit your schedule
- Shared small-group tour with five people or fewer
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 5 people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes for climbing the 115 steps inside the tower to the viewing balcony
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hook Heritage ltd
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Skip the Line: Hook Lighthouse Entrance Ticket and Guided Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesWaterfordAttractions & Museums - South East IrelandCategory