- Private 6-hour Thomas Hardy tour from Dorset
- Visit sites significant to the life and works of the legendary Victorian author
- Capture photographs of the areas that inspired seminal works such as ‘Tess of the D’Urbervilles’ and ‘Far from the Madding Crowd’
- Explore the market town of Dorchester and see Hardy's final resting place
- Receive undivided attention from a private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Dorset are included
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Travel through Weymouth and see locations connected to the author: Hardy worked as an architect here for a year and the town therefore features in several of his works.
Proceed to Dorchester, the setting of The Mayor of Casterbridge, and visit the statue dedicated to Hardy and the house he designed. Take a turn around the quaint market town with your guide, who points out places of interest.
Your next stop is Hardy’s Cottage, a cob and thatch cottage in which the literary legend was born. Delve into Hardy’s early life in the nearby visitor center and enjoy the picturesque natural scenes that surround.
After paying your respects to Hardy’s final resting place, return to your vehicle and relax during the journey to your Dorset hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY DayTrippa UK
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by EXPLORE PORTLAND | Walking Tour.