- 8-hour tour of the Yorkshire Dales National Park from Windermere
- Travel with ease between the dispersed highlights of the Yorkshire Dales
- Visit the quaint and quintessentially English towns of Hardaw, Wensleydale, and Dent
- See Bolton Castle, where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned, and Aysgarth Falls
Departure & Return
We are based in the information centre, a short walk from the Windermere Railway Station.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Following lunch in the market town of Reeth (own expense), you’ll stop at Bolton Castle, perched on the windswept moors of Wensleydale. The 14th-century stronghold is famed for incarcerating Mary Queen of Scots — a guided tour reveals the landmark’s history in further detail.
See, too, Aysgarth Falls, featured in the Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves movie before dropping into the quintessentially English villages of Hawes and Dent.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be 5 years or older
- Confirmation is received at the time of booking
- There will be a designated lunch stop where you’ll be able to purchase lunch
- There are toilet stops on route
- Minimal walking is involved
- Our vehicles are not currently wheelchair accessible
- Luggage storage is available at the Windermere Information departure location
- Seats cannot be reserved
- Each passenger must have their own seat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Mountain Goat
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by The Yorkshire Dales Tour from Windermere.