Explore our promoted experiences
- A whistlestop half-day tour of pretty villages and Lake District landscapes
- See the most recognizable peaks in the Lake District—the Langdale Pikes
- Travel with ease between sites in a small mini-coach with guide commentary
- Visit a place linked to Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth–Hawkshead
Departure & Return
We meet passengers who who select this option at the Windermere Information Centre is approximately 100m from Windermere Train Station at the top of Victoria Street.
We meet passengers who select this option at Bowness Bay Pier 3, next to the ticket office.
We meet travelers who select this option at the bus stop opposite the Ambleside Library.
We meet travelers who select this option at the ticket office in the Oxenholme Railway Station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be 5 years or older
- There are toilet stops on route
- Our vehicles are not currently wheelchair accessible
- Seats cannot be reserved
- Luggage storage is available at the Windermere Information departure location
- Minimal walking is involved
- Each passenger must have their own seat
- There will be places in Hawkshead to buy food or drink but we recommend you have Lunch before the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Mountain Goat
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands