- Private full-day Lake District tour, led by an expert driver-guide
- Discover the Lake District at your own pace, from the comfort of a private vehicle
- Enjoy free time for lunch (own expense) in Grasmere village or Keswick
- Receive undivided attention from a driver-guide on this private tour for up to five people
Departure & Return
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
While you travel, gaze out of the window at a scenic tapestry of the English countryside and listen to informative commentary from your knowledgeable guide. Head first to Lake Windemere — the largest of the Lake District’s lakes — to absorb sweeping panoramas of mist-shrouded hills and vivid meadows.
Then, lose yourself to the beauty of Ullswater Lake — considered one of England’s most attractive lakes — and feast your senses on the rippling tranquility of Derwentwater, best enjoyed from the Friar’s Crag promontory.
On arrival at Buttermere Valley, you’ll be astounded by Scale Force — the Lake District’s highest waterfall — and the serene string of lakes that pepper the landscape. Relish the flexibility of this private tour by customizing your itinerary according to your interests — opt to remain at certain lakes for longer, and choose to enjoy boat rides at your own expense.
Revitalize with lunch at a quaint market town of your choice (own expense) and then enjoy some relaxed free time to browse farm shops in villages such as Grasmere or Keswick.
After travelling over Honister Mountain Pass, a scenic drive that connects two valleys, you’ll begin the journey back to your original departure point. Bid your private guide farewell and conclude your tour with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Booster/ child seats are available, please advise at time of booking
- Reconfirmation of pick up point required, refer to voucher for details
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY The Mountain Goat
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff