2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover Yangon at night on a 2.5-hour walking tour through bustling markets and Chinatown’s atmospheric temples. Get a glimpse of local life as you browse secondhand stalls on Shwe Bontha Street and duck into the neighborhood’s Hindu and Buddhist shrines. Pause for a drink at a sidewalk stand and follow your guide through the narrow lanes of a fresh produce market; practice your haggling skills, sample Burmese cuisine at tiny stalls and end your trip with a cold beer at Yangon’s famed 19th street night market.
- 2.5-hour evening Yangon walking tour
- Check out the bustling local night markets of Yangon with an experienced guide
- Browse shops and street vendors that sell all kinds of goods
- See Buddhist and Hindu temples near Chinatown
- Sample a range of street foods selected by the guide
- Relax with a cold beer at the lively 19th Street market
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Not many visitors go to the evening street market in Yangon, but this is where you'll get an authentic taste of local life. A walking tour is the best way to experience this area, as the narrow streets are not accessible to buses, and hidden gems are best found on foot.
Saved to wishlist!
Local English-speaking guide
Snacks from the street market
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Maha Bandula Park St, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Tour concludes on 19th Street where there are plenty of taxis; it will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes to get to most central Yangon hotels
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Indochina
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the social distancing policy during Yangon by Night: Burmese Market Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Yangon by Night: Burmese Market Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Yangon by Night: Burmese Market Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Night ToursCity ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursTours & SightseeingYangonNight Tours - Chiang MaiCity Tours - Chiang MaiWalking Tours - Chiang MaiNight Tours - Chiang RaiCity Tours - Chiang RaiWalking Tours - Chiang RaiNight Tours - MandalayCity Tours - MandalayWalking Tours - MandalayCategory
Chaukhtatgyi Paya (Chaukhtatgyi Buddha Temple) Tours & TicketsKandawgyi Nature Park Tours & TicketsLittle India Tours & TicketsMusmeah Yeshua Synagogue Tours & TicketsKaraweik Palace Tours & TicketsBogyoke Aung San Museum Tours & TicketsBogyoke Aung San Market Tours & TicketsYangon Chinatown Tours & Tickets