8 hours 15 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
This private day trip from York combines spectacular countryside views, picturesque villages, and a chance to go on an optional steam railway ride. Stop at traditional villages such as Hutton-le-Hole, and see filming locations from “Harry Potter” and “Heartbeat”. A private tour means bypassing crowded tour buses, and extra flexibility for independent exploration. Enjoy free time to explore the pretty seaside village of Whitby and the convenience of round-trip transfers.
- Avoid crowded buses with this private tour of North Yorkshire highlights
- No need to book a taxi—York pickup and drop-off is included
- Great for nature lovers—see views of the North York Moors National Park
- Go to the filming site for “Hogsmeade Station” from Harry Potter—Goathland
Saved to wishlist!
Relaxed and friendly small-group tour
Friendly, local Professional Driver
Comfortable air-conditioned vehicles
Pick up and drop off is from your hotel or from another location of your choice in York
Regular photo, refreshment, and restroom stops
Entrance fees to optional attractions, including Yorkshire Steam Railway option
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off is from your hotel or another location of your choice in York.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 4 years can be accepted, by prior arrangement only, on the strict condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them and purchases a ticket for the child
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Service animals are allowed by prior arrangement only
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY BOBH - Day Tours of Yorkshire
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & The Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from York?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & The Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from York?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & The Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from York?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & The Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from York?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & The Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from York
8 hours 15 minutes
8 hours 15 minutes
8 hours 15 minutes
8 hours 15 minutes
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingYorkBus Tours - YorkshireHistorical Tours - YorkshireFull-day Tours - YorkshireCategory
Goddards House and Garden Tours & TicketsYork Cold War Bunker Tours & TicketsJorvik Viking Centre Tours & TicketsBeningbrough Hall Tours & TicketsTreasurer's House Tours & TicketsNorth Yorkshire Moors Railway Tours & TicketsYorkshire Museum of Farming Tours & TicketsYork Castle Museum Tours & TicketsClifford's Tower Tours & TicketsMerchant Adventurers' Hall Tours & TicketsJorvik Dig Tours & TicketsBarley Hall Tours & TicketsMansion House Tours & TicketsYork Army Museum Tours & TicketsFairfax House Tours & TicketsHenry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar Tours & TicketsYork Brewery Tours & TicketsYork's Chocolate Story Tours & TicketsYork Dungeon Tours & TicketsYorkshire Museum Tours & Tickets