- Private 9-hour Zhangjiajie National Forest, Tianzi Mountain, and Helong Park trip from Zhangjiajie
- Visit Zhangjiajie National Forest, famous for its soaring sandstone pillars
- Admire the cloud-laced pillars that inspired the 'Hallelujah Mountains' of movie Avatar
- Ride the Bailong Elevator in Yuanjiajie, the world’s highest outdoor elevator
- See the ‘Avatar Hallelujah’ Mountain, No.1 Bridge under Heaven, and more
- View Helong Park, Imperial Brush Peak, and the West Sea of peaks at Tianzi Mountain
- Private air-conditioned transport, entrance fees, lunch, and Zhangjiajie hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Consisting of towering sandstone pillars framed by lush forests, mountains, lakes, caves, and waterfalls, the park and its adjoining scenic areas feature in many Chinese classic landscape paintings. The pillars also inspired the ‘Hallelujah Mountains’ of 2010 movie Avatar, lending them the ‘Avatar Mountains' nickname.
On arrival, enjoy time to take in the otherworldly pillars. Numbering about 3,000, with many over 656 feet (200 meters) high, the forest-dotted, dream-like peaks rise from jungle and canyons and seem to ‘float’ in clouds. As you explore, learn how the pinnacles — while looking like limestone karst formations — have formed through centuries of natural erosion caused by plant life and expanding winter ice.
Next, head for the Yuanjiajie Scenic Area and ride the Bailong Elevator, the world’s highest outdoor elevator, up a massive cliff to enjoy even more stunning scenery.
At the top, gaze over the high peaks and valleys, and visit what’s called the ‘Avatar Hallelujah’ Mountain and No.1 Bridge under Heaven, a natural rock bridge stretched between two pinnacles 1,171 feet (357 meters) in the air.
After a simple Chinese lunch, take the shuttle bus to Tianzi Mountain, a neighboring scenic area famed for its breathtaking views of stone peaks, cliffs, and deep gorges. Here, visit the Helong Park cultural beauty spot and drink in the West Sea — a misty swathe of greenery-coated peaks — and Imperial Brush Peak, whose pinnacles resemble Chinese writing brushes.
After descending by cable car, return to Zhangjiajie where your trip finishes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport names,passport numbers, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants for travel insurance purpose and entrance tickets to tourism attractions
- Please kindly provide your local contact number upon booking if available
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Private China Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.